Do you enjoy getting people excited about the latest book you read or show you watched? Are you looking for a career that allows you to think creatively, experiment, and learn new things? Build your resume and skillset with a marketing and publicity internship at IU Press.
As a marketing and publicity intern, you’ll be a valuable part of the team. We are passionate about promoting big ideas and compelling stories.
You’ll work one-on-one with our marketing managers and will gain real-world experience and skills in marketing, branding, communications, and publicity. This experience will train you for jobs in book publishing, marketing, communications, media, or advertising.
At IU Press, we publish fun, provocative, engaging, and award-winning books and academic journals—content that makes a difference today and tomorrow. As a marketing intern, you’ll help connect our books with readers who will love them.
Skills you bring with you:
- Willingness to learn new things
Skills you take with you:
- Crafting promotional copy, including book descriptions, press releases, and ad copy
- Creating fun and engaging social media content
- Researching and pitching media outlets
You are a good fit if you:
- Enjoy writing persuasively and want to hone your skills
- Love knowledge and learning
- Enjoy working independently
- Want to work in a creative field
- Enrolled full time at IU (undergrad or grad)
Semester and year-long positions are available. We are currently accepting applications for fall 2018. To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to Michelle Sybert at email@example.com.
Indiana University prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. All are welcome here.
IU Press Internships home