The Historic Fort Wayne Embassy Theatre recounts the rescue from demolition and subsequent restoration of Fort Wayne's largest movie palace and vaudeville house. Lavish and ornate, the theatre is famous for its Grande Page Pipe Organ. Installed when the theatre was built in 1928—with more than 1,000 pipes—it is one of only four instruments of such magnitude to be built by the Page Organ Company of Lima, Ohio.
Faced with the loss of a truly beautiful and rare historical landmark, local activists joined together in the early 1970s to establish the Embassy Theatre Foundation, which purchased the theatre and faithfully restored it as a performing arts center and venue for Broadway shows. Much to the delight of patrons, "Miss Page" continues to be played at concerts, silent movies, and the theatre's Festival of Trees. Generously illustrated with color photos of the theatre and attached Indiana Hotel, this book is sure to appeal to theatre and music lovers, architectural and urban preservationists as well as regional historians.