FIAF Digital Projection Guide addresses the technical challenges that cinémathèques, archival and repertory cinemas and festivals encounter in the paradigm change from analogue film projection to digital cinema. The guide is an extension of, and update to, The Advanced Projection Manual (2006), a book covering the craft of projecting film classics with modern equipment.
FIAF Digital Projection Guide covers the following topics:
* What is D-cinema, and what are the alternatives?
* Pixel – the digital picture element
* The DCP file format
* Digital projection systems
* 3-D projection technology
* Sound for digital cinema
* Practical advice for digital conversions
FIAF Digital Projection Guide is published by the International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF) and sponsored jointly by The Norwegian Film Institute (NFI) and the Giornate del cinema muto (Pordenone).