For over 125 years, Hoosier athletes and coaches have grabbed headlines with their accomplishments and accolades. Legendary performers and larger-than-life figures have called Bloomington home, and their stories have been passed down through generations. But for every classic tale about a Hoosier athlete, coach, or program, there’s another that’s been forgotten. Until now.
After gaining unprecedented access to IU archives and longtime employees, authors John Decker, Pete DiPrimio, and Doug Wilson reveal events and images that were lost for decades. Filled with new and entertaining stories of the people who have made IU Athletics legendary, Unknown, Untold and Unbelievable Stories of IU Sports is a must-have for any fan.
Discover behind the scenes stories of
- the Olympic Trials featuring Michael Jordan, Patrick Ewing, Chris Mullin, and Steve Alford;
- the infamous 1997 black football jerseys;
- Ernie Pyle’s outlandish automobile polo match to raise funds for the IU marching band;
- A. J. Moye’s notorious block against Duke;
- the time Sam Bell won the bid for an NCAA track meet—without a facility or even bleachers;
- and many more incredible stories from the renowned IU Athletics program.