Culture and Value: An Introduction
Introduction: Creating, Owning, and Narrating within Tourist Economies
1. Tourism and Cultural Display: Inventing Traditions for Whom?
2. On the Road to Fiction: Narrative Reification in Austrian Cultural Tourism
3. Fairy Tale Activists: Narrative Imaginaries along a German Tourist Route (with Dorothee Hemme)
4. Capitalizing on Memories Past, Present and Future: Observations on the Intertwining of Tourism and Narration
Introduction: Heritage Semantics, Heritage Regimes
5. Heredity, Hybridity and Heritage from One Fin-de-Siècle to the Next
6. Heritage between Economy and Politics: An Assessment from the Perspective of Cultural Anthropology
7. Inheritances: Possession, Ownership, and Responsibility
8. The Dynamics of Valorizing Culture: Actors and Shifting Contexts in the Course of a Century
Introduction: Culture as Resource--Culture as Property
9. Expressive Resources. Knowledge, Agency, and European Ethnology
10. Daily Bread, Global Distinction? The German Bakers’ Craft and Cultural Value-Enhancement Regimes
11. TK, TCE, and Co: The Path from Culture as a Commons to a Resource for International Negotiation
12. Patronage and Preservation: Heritage Paradigms and Their Impact on Supporting "Good Culture"